07 January 2013

When I was 16

More often than not, I do forget that I'm already in my mid twenties. There are days where I feel like I just recently graduated from college, wide-eyed and optimistic about the world. But there are also days where when I put on my make-up and closely look at myself, I kind of freak out because I realize that lines are forming under my eyes.

Sometimes I think the realization that I'm supposed to be an adult is both profound and shallow.

Is it just me? Or is this a plague that is happening to the 20-somethings of today? If you read Thought Catalog you'd notice the plights of supposed-to-be adults are essentially the same. Most of us can't still wrap our heads at the fact that we're supposed to be responsible for ourselves, and for others...in a more important way?

I honestly don't know.

ID pictures over the years. Okay except for the last one. That's the most recent that I have, so pardon the -- emoness? I've stopped taking pictures of myself as of late.

The title of this blog was supposed to be When I was 16. So who was I ten years ago?

In retrospect, I was merely a shell of who I am now. Did that make sense? Oh, wow, now I realize this post is full of question marks.

I was an emotionally, fantastically laden teenager with the hopes of becoming an interior designer. But it later changed when I saw Stepmom with Julia Roberts as a photographer. Then I told myself I wanted to be a photographer/filmmaker.

I forced myself to like alternative music, to be what we term now as hipster. I loved acting, I loved to tell stories. I wasn't as excited about school, except for English, and History. My crushes were all unattainable aka celebrities and musicians. I had a crush on a boy, but that didn't really materialize until I had to ask him out to be my prom date.

I had an inkling of what I wanedt to become, but in slam books I'd always write "I want to be somebody".

Vague as it was, maybe it was indicative of what I am today. Some of it are true. Some of those mentioned above formed my choices in life. When I was 16, I didn't know what the world held for me. At 26, I still don't.

All I know is that I want to be somebody. Somebody to exact change in this world we live in.

How about you?


No comments:

Post a Comment