15 June 2012

lullaby


i stand at the edge (but you anchor me)
i'm little dorothy
with her ruby red shoes
fly me home, fly me home
take me home, take me home

i lie awake
letting sand in my eyes
soft voices sing me to my drunken dreams
sober wakefulness is no more

take time to trace big dipper in the sky
sing me my lullaby
give me my lullaby

lilies in the field
their innocent tears strung out
the salty ocean mends
it heals, oh yes painful wounds
wade out the deep end and let it drown you

(tears from ocean are no longer discernible)

i stand at the edge (but you anchor me)
the snare drum beats and beats over my heart
wave after wave of consciousness
fiery souls need to rest

take time to trace big dipper in the sky
sing me my lullaby
give me my lullaby

let the stars blanket you tonight
standing at the edge, you let go
I fall, singing in the wind my lullaby

plunging into the depths
i am in the mercy of my drunken dreams
sober wakefulness is no more


-----
this was a poem I wrote years ago (March 20, 2008), and though I cringe at the imagery, the mood, well, it's the same right now. Photo was taken during my trip to Davao last year. 

2 comments:

  1. nakaktuwang mahanap yung mga gawa natin dati ano? mminsan parang wala namang nagbago. pero madalas, sarap lang sapakin.

    good morning ma'am!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sir Mots: Oo, natatawa lang ako na napapa-isip. Minsan, okay naman yung mga pinost ko noon, minsan naman, parang, bakit ko pa 'to sinulat?!

    ReplyDelete