16 March 2009

Elianto Brush Cleanser

Naive as I am about make-up and whatnot, I decided to go and buy some brush cleanser for my brushes. Mind you, I used to clean them with mild soap before I decided on buying the cleanser.

It really did not come across my mind until I saw the Elianto counter at a local mall, and bought it for Php299 (approx. $6).

I've no idea whether I am that naive in using the product, or that it just really sucks.

After cleaning my brushes, they became a stiff and a bit sticky. Sure, they were cleaned, but any form of softness and pliability were gone!

>:(

I suppose they were better off with mild soap and warm water, then?

*Sigh*

For those of you who've tried this product, was it worth it? Or did your brushes become stiff and sticky too?

5 comments:

  1. hi--i myself use bobbi brown brush cleaner, and it has worked very well for me. after the brushes dry they are somewhat stiff, but they soften up right away after a couple of uses. if your brushes are sticky that means that all the cleaning agents haven't been properly washed out. honestly, you are probably right: you're better off with mild liquid soap and water. try baby soap, which has less chemical agents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for that ate tricia :)

    there's one brush that i absolutely love but is now unsalvage-able.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry to hear about that product :( I like to use shampoo and water for the larger brushes. I used to MAC brush cleaner which was pretty gentle. I tend to use Shu Uemura brush cleaner for the smaller brushes... though it stinks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i use mac brush cleaner but if i use too much it also becomes sticky
    it seems u gotta really rinse it out?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry the make up brush cleaner did not work out for you. I use Clinique's brush cleaner. It works well, but it leaves a strange chemical smell. It cleans really well though, I will have to find a brush cleaner that smells yummy after I finish it haha. For some reason, I couldn't find the L'Occtitane firming gel on Sephora's website, I think I got lucky at my store. I hope you can find it though! I know, the lippies are so gorgeous! I love them hehe.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete