13 February 2009

I ♥ Photography

It's VDay tomorrow and that means lots, and lots of!

♥♥♥

teehee!

In commemoration of s, I did the
"create your own bokeh" example in DIY Photography's site.

First off, what is, bokeh?
"Bokeh is an adaptation from a a Japanese word meaning blur. In photography this term is used to describe the quality of the areas in the picture which are not in focus." (taken from http://www.diyphotography.net/diy_create_your_own_bokeh)

Got it?

Good.

Now, on to the tools!


1. DSLR camera with a large aperture lens. I have a Nikon D80 and I'm using a Nikkor 50mm 1.8

2. sheet of black cartolina or paperboard
3. pair of scissors and tape


All you need to do is cut and shape the sheet to make a fake lens hood.

First, cut a strip and approximate it to the diameter of your lens. Then, cut a circle that will serve as your "filter". In the middle of your "filter" you can either die-cut the shape or in my case, I cut the heart-shape manually.

Tape the strip and the circle together and
fit it to your camera. Remember to open the lens at its highest aperture and then, SHOOT!

Erm, okay, here's my version of it. Not the neatest thing in the world, but I was in the middle of work while doing this. >:)


I had to shoot this one inside the bathroom.

Okay, these are actually cars on a parking lot somewhere. But now, they're heart shaped blur of cars!

Capturing the sunset ...

...that's now a heart-Sun!

Hope you have fun trying this one out. I just "wowed" my officemates with this little trick. LOL. I'll post other pictures later. But for now, let me just greet you a Happy Valentines!

edit: The effect, of course, looks better at night.


The "before" shot.

The "after" shot.

While on the road - traffic lights and tail lights become hearts.

Aye, of course, he is

3 comments:

  1. I wish I had a dslr so I can try this out. Maybe I can borrow my niece's dslr. hehe Anyway, thanks for suggesting the L'Oreal make up remover, I'm going to try it maybe next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg that is cool!!! where is my DSLR, i gotta try it out!!!!

    ReplyDelete